Friday, October 15, 2010

Dream Police: Bicycle Break-down

Last night I rode my bike all the way to my parents house in Sooke. Riding out there, I didn't seem to have any problems, but the way back was more tricky. When I wanted to leave, I started packing up my bags and every time I would put something in them, the item would end up back on the floor or a table, waiting to be packed again. After a while I ended up getting everything I needed in order and set out on my way. I got a few blocks down the road when I had to stop because my tube deflated on the front and the tire was coming off the rim. I blew the tube back up with my mouth and hooked the the tire on to the system of snaps and rings that kept everything together, then I was back on the road. I wasn't taking a the usual route on the highway, but more of an "as the crow flies" sort of direction, straight through the forests and over the mountains. Going through mud and rivers, I kept running into people that I knew and they would talk to me for a long time, so the process of getting back home wasn't a quick one.

No comments: